A wooden three-masted schooner built in 1895 at Hans D. Bendixsen's yard, Fairhaven, CA, for E.K. Wood Lumber Co., Hoquiam, Washington.
Her dimensions are: 156'×36'×11'8 and tonnage: 452 GRT and 391 NRT.
Presently a museum ship in San Fransisco.
- Launched at Hans Bendixsen's yard, Fairhaven, CA, for E.K. Wood
Lumber Co., Hoquiam, Washington, to be used in the timber trade.
- Sold to "Whitehead Pete" Nelson, who were using her in the Alaska
salmon packet trade.
- Bought by Capt. J.E. Shields, Poulsbo, Washington, and put into
- Laid up.
- Conscripted by the Army to be used as a barge for storage of
empty shells from target practice at sea.
- Re-masted with masts from the four-masted schhoners Sophie
Christenson and made five voyages between 1046 and 1950.
- Sold to an entrepreneur who displayed her as a pirate ship on
Hoods Calanl, Washington.
- Bought by the State of California for permanent preservation.
- Livingstone, Steven E.: Historic Ships of San Francisco. A Collective
History and Guide to the Restored Historic Vessels of the National Maritime
Chronicle Books, San Francisco, 1984. Obl8vo, iv, 124 pp, ill.
- Trott, Harlan: The Schooner that Came Home. The Final Voyage of the
Cornell Maritime Press, Cambridge, MD, 1958. 8vo, xiv, 117 pp, ill.
Updated 1995-08-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.