A medium clipper ship built in 1853 by E. & H.O. Briggs, South Boston, MA, to the design of Captain James Huckins, Boston.
Dimensions: 182'×36'×22'6" and tonnage 1127 32/95 tons.
- 1853 May 12
- Launched at the shipyard of E. & H.O. Briggs, South Boston, MA, for Captain James Huckins, Boston.
Put on the California trade under Captain Chas. F. Winsor.
- 1853 June 21 - November 9
- Sailed from Boston to San Francisco in 141 days.
- 1853 May 25 - September 26
- Sailed from Boston to San Francisco in 124 days under command of Captain L.G. Hollis.
- 1854 May 26 - September 26
- Sailed from Boston to San Francisco in 118 days.
- 1856 November 30 - March 15
- Sailed from Shanghai to London under command of Captain Freeman Hatch.
- 1857 April 17
- Left London for Calcutta with a cargo of railroad iron.
- 1857 June 18
- Put into Algoa Bay in a leaking condition and was condemned.
Updated 1997-07-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
American clipper ships | Search.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.