A wooden tea clipper built in 1855 by Alexander Hall & & Sons, Aberdeen, as Yard No. 204 at a cost of £11.739.
Dimensions: 193'2"×31'0"×17'0" and tonnage: 662 GRT and 585 tons under deck.
The figurehead is preserved at the Tresco Valhalla Maritime Museum.
The sailplan of the Friar Tuck is preserved in a notebook in the
- Launched at the shipyard of Alexander Hall & Sons, Aberdeen, for James Beazley.
- 1857 November 30 - March 26
- Sailed from Shanghai to London in 116 days. Captain Fordyce.
- Sailed from London to Hong Kong in 102 days.
- 1858 November 13 - February 24
- Sailed from Whampoa to London in 103 days. Captain Richardson.
- 1859 November 9 - March 14
- Sailed from Shanghai to London in 126 days. Captain J. Darlington.
- 1860 November 5 - February 22
- Sailed from Hong Kong to London in 109 days. Captain J. Darlington.
- 1863 July 23
- Left Foochow with tea for London under command of
- 1863 November 27
- Anchored in the St Mary's Bay but drifted
ashore on Newford Island when the cable parted.
Updated 1996-12-28 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Teaclippers | Search.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.