A clipper ship built in 1849 by Donald McKay, East Boston, MA.
Dimensions: ___'_"×__'_"×__'_", tonnage 806 tons, old measurements.
- 1849 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Donald McKay, East Boston, for George B. Upton, John M. Forbes and Sampson & Tappan, Boston. Captain Lord was given command of the ship.
- 1849 November 23 - April 2
- Sailed from Boston to San Francisco in 130 days.
After that she was put in the California - Manila trade.
- 1859 February 12
- Wrecked on a coral reef neer Iba on the coast of Zambales, P.I., on voyage from Manila to San Francisco with a valuable cargo
- Clipper ships, general references.
- Octavius T. Howe & Frederick C. Matthews: American Clipper Ships
1926. pp 33-35.
- Richard McKay: Some Famous Sailing Ships and Their Builder Donald
1928. pp 210-225.
Updated 1997-01-28 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
American clipper ships
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.