Three-masted barque equipped with aux. steam engine built in 1901 at Stevens
Yard, Dundee Shipbuilder's Co., Dundee for the National Antarctic Expedition.
Her dimensions are: 52.12×10.31×4.80(d) m
[171'00×33'83×15'75] and with a tonnage of 736 GRT.
Equipped with a 450/500 hp auxilliary triple-expansion steam engine
- Launched at Stevens Yard, Dundee Shipbuilder's Co., Dundee
for the National Antarctic Expedition.
- 1901 August 1
- Sailed from Spithead for the Antarctic.
- Sold to the Hudson Bay Co.
- Chartered by the French Government for transportation of war
materials to Russia.
- Laid up.
- Bought by the Discovery Committee and sent to the
Antarctic for oceanographic research.
- Laid up in London.
- 1979 April
- Handed over to the Maritime Trust.
- 1986 March
- Moved to Dundee
Updated 1996-04-22 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.