A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by R. Duncan & Co, Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 89,51×14,87×7,67 meters
[293'8"×45'5"×25'2"] and tonnage 2476 GRT and 2334 NRT.
Rigged with double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 April
- Launched at the shipyard of R. Duncan & Co., for
Thom & Cameron, Glasgow.
- Dis-masted off Cape Horn and had to put into Montevideo
for lengthy repairs.
- 1907 April
- Sold to
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque, for £
10.500 and was renamed Chanaral.
- 1916 April 22
- Sunk by the German submarine U 67 some 60 miles
south of the Scilly Isles on voyage from Mejillones to Falmouth for orders.
Captain Yves Bernard and the crew were allowed to leave the ship in the boats
and reached Penzance safely.
Updated 1996-12-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.