A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton.
Dimensions 97,68×13,02×7,53 meters [320'6"×42'9"×24'9"] and
tonnage: 2699 GRT and 2636 NRT.
- 1886 February
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt &
Co., Southampton, for G.W. Roberts, Liverpool.
- Sold to E.F. & W. Roberts, Liverpool.
- Listed by Lloyd's Register as a four-masted barque.
- 1897 May 14 - September 16
- Sailed from Port Townsend to London in 125 days.
- 1899 May 10
- Stranded at Policarpo, Tierra del Fuego, where the
ship was to remain for twenty years.
- Sold to Soc. G.C. Menedez, Valparaiso which company
salvaged the ship and renamed her the Alejandrina.
- 1919 July
- Ready for sea after repairs but there was no demand
for sailing ships after the end of the war and made only one trip to London.
- Sold to Comp. Chilena de Navigatcion Interoceania, Punta
Arenas, and converted to a lighter.
- Broken up.
Updated 1997-12-30 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.