A four-masted steel barque built in 1902 by A. Rodger & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 99,84×14,14×8,04 meters [327'7"×46'5"×26'2"] and
tonnage 3090 GRT and 2971 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top and top-gallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's four-masted barque Eclipse (1902).
- 1902 April
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Rodger & Co., Port
Anglo-American Oil Co., London.
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, for £ 15.000 and was renamed Parma.
- Interned at Iquique at the ourbreak of the First World War.
- Assigned as war damage reparations to Great Britain.
- 1921 November 8
- Sold back to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, for £ 10.000.
- In command of Captain Töpper.
- In command of Captain Holst.
- Sailed from Hamburg to Talcahuano in 86 days.
- Sailed from Hamburg to Talcahuano in 88 days.
- In command of Captain Rohwer.
- Sailed from Land's End to Talcahuano in 70 days.
- In command of Captain Brockhöft.
- Sold to Ruben De Cloux and Alan Villiers, Mariehamn, for RM
- Sailed from Port Victoria to Falmouth in 83 days.
- Sold after a minor accident in the harbour of Glasgow and
was rigged off and used as hulk at Haifa.
- Broken up.
Updated 1997-02-15 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.