A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Russell & Co, Greenock. Dimensions 84,88×12,80×7,36 meters [278'6"×42'0"×24'2"] and tonnage 2292 GRT and 2174 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.

1891 December
Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock, for A. Weir & Co., Glasgow. Captain J. Oates.
1892 May 31
Left Algoa Bay for Newcastle, NSW, and was lost at sea.

Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.