A four-masted steel barque built in 1902 by Forges et chantiers de la M´diterranée, Graville-Havre. Dimensions 95,09×13,73×7,23 meters [312'0"×45'1"×23'9"] and tonnage 3230 GRT and 2446 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.

Sistership to the same owner's Champigny.

1902 June 7
Launched at the shipyard of Forges et chantiers de la Méditerranée, Graville-Havre, for Société des Longs Coureiers Français, Le Havre. Captain C. Touzé.
Sold to Société Générale d'Armement, Nantes.
1917 January 2
Under command of Captain E. Ybert she was captured and sunk by the German raider Möwe at 3°16' N 29°10' W on voyage from Bahia Blanca to Bordeaux.

Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.