A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Ritson & Co., Maryport.
Dimensions 87,64×12,24×7,11 meters
[287'7"×40'2"×23'4"] and tonnage 2040 GRT and 1925 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1891 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Ritson & Co.,
Maryport, for Ritson & Co., Maryport. Captain W. Nelson.
- Sailed from Great Britain to San Francisco in 110 days.
- Sailed from Great Britain to Portland, OR, in 108 days.
- Sailed from Astoria, OR, to Queenstown in 110 days.
- Sailed from Fleetwood to Portland, OR, in 116 days.
- 1895 November
- Sailed from Portland, OR, for Falmouth for
orders, from where she sailed to Antwerp and arrived on March 7.
- Sold to Rhederei Visurgis AG, Bremen, and was renamed
- 1912 July 10
- Left Newcastle, NSW, for Antofagasta.
- 1912 July 16
- Wrecked in a hurricane at 42° S, 1600° E.
Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.