A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions 84,54×12,80×7,36 meters
[277'5"×42'0"×24'2"] and tonnage 2288 GRT and 2154 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock,
for A. Weir & Co., Glasgow.
- 1913 September
- Sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway.
- 1916 January
- Was partly dis-masted in a severe storm in the
North Atlantic while on yoyage to Copenhagen with a cargo of nitrate. The
British cruiser Ebro brought the ship to Lerwik, Shetland Islands.
- 1916 May
- Sold to A/S Christianssand (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand, Norway, after repairs in London and was renamed Støveren.
- Sold to A/S Norsk Rutefart (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand.
- 1924 February
- Sold to Stavanger Skibsophugnings Co., Stavanger, to be broken up.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.