A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions 91,89×12,82×7,48 meters
[301'6"×42'1"×24'7"] and tonnage 2519 GRT and 2434 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1886 November
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons,
Liverpool, for W. Price & Co., Liverpool. The first master was Captain
- Dis-masted off Cape Horn and had to seek refugee at Port
Stanley, Falkland Islands. The subsequent repairs required seven months.
- Re-rigged as a fourmasted barque.
- 1905 Juli 31
- Wrecked at Cape Furneaux, Staten Island, under command
of Captain J. Kendall. The entire crew was later rescued by an Argentinian
Updated 1996-07-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.