A four-masted steel ship built in 1888 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions 93,74×13,73×7,36 meters
[307'7"×45'1"×24'2"] and tonnage 2668 GRT and 2613 NRT.
Rigged with nothing above double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1888 September
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons,
Liverpool, for Macvicar, Marshall & Co., Liverpool. The first master was
Captain P. Lyall.
- Sold to D.H. Wätjen & Co., Bremen, and was renamed
Bertha. Captain C. Hüneke resumed command of the ship. Assigned the German official signal GHJN. The German measurements were: 91,06×13,76×7,42 meters and 2695 GRT.
- 1913 October 18
- Sold to
Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg, and was renamed Ottawa. The new master was Captain O. Heinatz. Referred to as a fourmasted barque.
- Interned in San Francisco at the outbreak of the First
- Condemned by the US Government and renamed
- Transferred to the United States Shipping Board, Washington, DC, and renamed Flying Cloud.
- Renamed Muscoota.
- Hulked in Sydney.
- Broken up at Milne Bay.
Updated 1997-01-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.