A four-masted steel ship built in 1888 by Birrell, Stenhouse & Co., Dumbarton. Dimensions 81,19×12,19×7,18 meters [266'5"×40'0"×23'7"] and tonnage 1906 GRT and 1854 NRT. Rigged with nothing over double top- and topgallant sails.

1888 August
Launched at the shipyard of Birrell, Stenhouse & Co., Dumbarton, for T. Law & Co., Glasgow. The first master was Captain A. Storm.
Sailed from Panama for Portland, OR, but had to put into Acapulco instead after 123 days.
1911 March 27
Abandoned on voyage from Pisagua to Hamburg at 48°47'N and 7°19'W leaking badly.

Updated 1996-07-07 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.