A four-masted steel barque built in 1889 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions 95,31×12,71×7,46 meters [312'9"×41'9"×24'6"] and tonnage 2524 GRT and 2415 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails. Sistership to Glencaird and Sir Robert Fernie.

1889 September
Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., for W.T. Dixon & Sons, Liverpool. The first master was Captain P. Faraday.
1896 April
Destroyed by fire in New York.

Updated 1996-07-07 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.