A four-masted steel barque built in 1888 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 93,13×13,56×7,36 meters
[305'7"×44'6"×24'2"] and tonnage 2626 GRT and 2608 NRT.
Equipped with cellular double-bottom water ballast tanks with a capacity of 601 tons in addition to 1200 tons in internal tanks.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1888 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque. The first master was Captain Leuguen.
- 1892 February 7
- Grounded in a fog near Calais when arriving
from Iquique with nitrate.
- 1910 January 28
- Collided with the German steamer Heinrich
Horn and lost her bowsprit while cutting off the steamer's funnel.
- 1919 July 3 — November 29
- Left Antofagasta for La Pallice
with a cargo of 4.200 tons of nitrate and was posted overdue in November. She
eventually arrived at her destination after 149 days.
- Broken up in Belgium.
Updated 1996-12-30 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.