A four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow, for A. Lyle & Sons, Greenock.
Dimensions: 84,24x12,51x7,38 meters [276'5x41'2x24'3] and tonnage: 2128 GRT and 2030 NRT.
The figurehead is preserved in the family of Fernand Castaing, the trawler
captain that saved the crew from the wrecked vessel.
- 1890 August
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow.
- Sailed from Adelaide to Barry Docks in 72 days.
- Sailed from Newcastle, N.S.W. to Mollendo in 38 days.
- 1899 November
- Sold to A.D. Bordes et Fils, Dunkerque, for £ 14.500 and renamed Gers. Master of the ship was Captain Anette P. Standaërt.
- 1904 October
- Left Tocopilla with a cargo of nitrate under cammand of Captain Delépine.
- 1905 January 15
- Wrecked at Chauchardon Point, Ille de Ré, en route Tocopilla to La Pallice.
Updated 1996-02-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.