A four-masted steel barque built in 1896 by Ateliers et chantiers de la Loire,
Dimensions 97,86×13,71×7,74 meters
[321'1"×45'0"×25'5"] and tonnage 3011 GRT and 2376 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1896 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Ateliers et chantiers de
la Loire, Nantes, for
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque. The first master was
Captain C. le Bras.
- 1900 August 12 — October 24
- Sailed from Dunkerque to
Iquique in 74 days under command of Captain Louvet.
- 1900 November 3 — January 16
- Sailed from Iquique to
Dunkerque in 74 days.
- 1901 September 3
- Stranded in a fog at Punta Magdalena on the Island of Pico, the Azores.
Updated 1996-12-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.