A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Mackie & Thompson, Glasgow.
Dimensions 99,36×13,10×7,43 meters
[326'0"×43'0"×24'5"] and tonnage 2825 GRT and 2649 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Mackie & Thompson,
Glasgow, for A. Weir & Co., Glasgow. The first master was Captain A.D. Moody.
- The cargo of coal caught fire during voyage, but the ship
was saved due to the actions of the master.
- 1914 January
- Sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway. Captain E. Abrahamsen.
- 1916 September
- Sold to Rederi A/S Cedarbank (Th. Brøvig), Farsund.
- 1917 May 9
- Left Halifax, NS, for Aarhus, Denmark, with a cargo of oil cakes and disappeared en route.
- 1917 June 30
- A lifeboat was found drifting off Flø, Sunnmøre, Norway.
- 1917 November 29
- Officially stricken from the records.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.