A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by R. Williamson & Son, Workington. Dimensions 93,87×14,07×7,82 meters [308'0"×46'2"×25'8"] and tonnage 2949 GRT and 2796 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.

Sistership to the same owner's fourmast barque Iranian (1895).

1893 September
Launched at the shipyard of R. Williamson & Son, Workington, as Yard No. 100 for R. Williamson & Son, Workington. The first master was Captain T.B. Peters.
Sold to Visurgis AG, Bremen, and renamed Nauarchos.
The rigging was destroyed by fire while in Antofagasta and the ship was subsequently reduced to a hulk.

Updated 1997-01-12 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.