A four-masted steel barque built in 1902 by Forges et chantiers de la
Dimensions 95,11×13,73×7,23 meters
[312'1"×45'1"×23'9"] and tonnage 3112 GRT and 2729 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's
- 1902 June 7
- Launched at the shipyard of Forges et chantiers de
la M´diterranée, Graville-Havre, for Société des
Longs Coureiers Français, Le Havre. Captain J. Boju.
- 1902 June 18 — June 21
- Sailed from Le Havre to Penarth.
- 1902 August 1 — December 10
- Sailed from Penarth to
Honolulu in 131 days.
- 1922 February 28
- Laid up in the Canal de la Martinière.
- 1923 July
- Sold to Finska Skolskeppsrederiet (Lars Krogius,
mgr), Helsingfors, and was renamed Fennia. Captain Orvar Blom.
- 1927 May
- Was partly dis-masted off Cape Horn and had to seek
refuge at the Falkland Islands where she was subsequently hulked.
- 1967 November
- Towed to Montevideo.
Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.