An iron steamship built in 1853 by Laird & Co., Birkenhead, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 74,98×9,14×6,70 meters [246'0"×30'0"×22'0"] and tonnage: 1250 GRT and 1116 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Laird & Co., Birkenhead, Liverpool, for ???.
- Sold to Spain and was renamed La Cubana.
- 1865 March 29
- Sold to R.M. Sloman & Co., Hamburg, and was re-built as a four-masted ship and renamed Palmerstone. Assigned the German signal RBDH. The new German measurements were 78,32×9,23×7,07 meters and 1174 GRT.
- Captain P. Kölln.
- Captain E.H. Sutor.
- Re-rigged as a four-masted barque.
- Captain A.B.L. Bohmann.
- Captain A. Cordes.
- 1890 July 14
- Sold to Brückner & Albers, Hamburg.
- Captain F.G. Crantz.
- Rounded the Cape Horn from 50°S in the Atlantic to 50°S in the Pacific in 9 days.
- Sailed from Lizard to Santos in 62 days.
- Sailed from Santos to Pensacola in 52 days.
- Sailed from Pensacola to Scilly Islands in 53 days.
- 1894 September 10
- Sold to A. Pinceti, Genoa, and was renamed Federico. Captain Massa.
- 1899 January 18
- Arrived to Greenock after having received severe storm damage on voyage from Pensacola to Genoa with timber.
- 1899 March
- Condemned in Greenock.
Updated 1997-02-22 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.