A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by Fairfield Shipbuilding Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 91,13×13,41×7,43 meters
[299'0"×44'0"×24'5"] and tonnage 2347 GRT and 2197 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1893 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Fairfield
Shipbuilding Co., Glasgow, for Briggs, Harvie & Co., Glasgow. The first master was Captain W.B. Thompson.
- Sold to Aitken, Lilburn & Co., Glasgow.
- Sold to F. Briggs & Co., Glasgow.
- Sold to G. Milne, Aberdeen, and renamed Inverlogie.
- 1917 March 9
- Sunk on voyage from Cardiff to Archangelsk by German submarine 15 miles SSW of the Smalls in the St Georges Channel.
Updated 1996-07-07 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.