A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Fairfield Shibuilding & Engineering Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 91,03×13,41×7,43 meters
[298'8"×44'0"×24'5"] and tonnage 2348 GRT and 2198 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 November 19
- Launched at the shipyard of Fairfield,
Shipbuilding & Engineering Co., Glasgow, as Yard No. 368 for Chiltonford Ship Co. Ltd (Briggs, Harvie & Co. mgrs), Glasgow. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 99866. The first master was Captain Hendry.
- 1892 December
- Sold to C.W. Corsar, Glasgow.
- Sold to
J. Hardie & Co., Glasgow. Captain R. Montgomery.
- Sold to G. Windram & Co., Liverpool. Captain J. Williams.
- 1915 March
- Sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co. mgrs), Tvedestrand, Norway, and was renamed Chile. Captain O.C. Olsen.
- 1916 May
- Sold to Thv. B. Heistein & Sønner A/S, Kristiansand,
Norway. Captain C. Sangereit.
- 1917 January
- Was renamed Asalia.
- 1917 June 6
- Sunk on voyage from New York to Dublin with a
cargo of oil by the German submarine U 44 at 51°10'N and 14°50' W.
Updated 1997-08-19 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.