A four-masted iron ship built in 1887 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 86,37×12,31×7,43 meters
[283'5"×40'5"×24'5"] and tonnage 2140 GRT and 2072 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails.
- 1887 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for T. Dunlop & Sons, Glasgow. The first master was Captain A. Jack.
- Rebuilt as a four-masted barque.
- 1908 December
- Sold to Skibs-A/S Valerie (Th. Berg), Stavanger, Norway, and renamed Valerie. Captain N. Pettersen.
- 1917 April 22
- Sunk on voyage in ballast from Bordeaux to St.
Thomas, ON, by the German submarine UC 21 30 miles W of Cordonan Light.
Updated 1997-04-17 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.