A four-masted steel barque built in 1894 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 86,17×12,29×7,46 meters
[282'9"×40'4"×24'6"] and tonnage 2149 GRT and 1983 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1894 February
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for T. Dunlop & Sons, Glasgow. The first master was Captain J.
- 1910 March
- Sold to A/S Clan Galbraith (Carl Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway. Captain G.O. Bräkke.
- 1916 January
- Sold to Bech's Rederi A/S (Carl Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand.
- Stranded off New York but come away without damage.
- 1917 April 24
- Sunk on voyage from Philadelphia with a cargo of lubrication oil and wax for Liverpool by a German submarine at 52°30'N
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.