A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 86,17×12,29×7,46 meters
[282'9"×40'4"×24'6"] and tonnage 2147 GRT and 1976 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and topgallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's fourmasted barque Clan Galbraith.
- 1893 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for T. Dunlop & Sons, Glasgow. The first master was Captain R.
- The cargo shifted (grain?) during a severe storm in the
Pacific on voyage from Tacoma. Captain McIntyre brought the ship round the
Cape Horn to Montevideo under jury rig.
- 1911 April
- Sold to A/S Clan Graham (S. Bruusgaard), Drammen, Norway.
- 1914 February
- Sold to A/S Clan Graham (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand.
- Sold to Thv. Heistein & Sønner, Kristiansand.
- 1917 January
- Renamed Asheim. Captain Abrahamsen.
- 1917 July 8
- Sunk off the Scottish coast by the German submarine
U 53 on voyage from Dublin to New York in ballast.
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.