A four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 84,88×12,71×7,36 meters
[278'6"×41'9"×24'2"] and tonnage 2283 GRT and 2179 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1890 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for A. Weir & Co, Glasgow. The first master was Captain W. Smith.
- Strandade at Cape Henlopen on voyage from Laurenço
Marques to New York.
- 1909 November 30 — April 24
- Sailed with a cargo of
saltpeter from Pisagua to Hamburg in 145 days.
- 1914 February
- Sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway.
- Sold to Thv B. Heistein & Sønner, Kristiansand, and was
- 1919 January 27
- Abandoned at 33°57'N and 73°46W on
voyage from Bahia to Philadelphia, PA, with a cargo of manganese ore.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.