A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Richard Williamson & Son,
Dimensions: 93,16×12,87×7,46 meters [305'8×42'3×24'6], tonnage: 2526 GRT and
A flush decked and bald-headed barque, which belonged to the group of six
four-masted barques called the Workington Sisters.
- 1892 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Richard Williamson &
Son, Workington, for Bourke & Huntrods, Workington.
- Sailed Barrow-in-Furness - Cape Horn in 42 days under
command of Captain J.A. Bromley.
- 1898 August 24
- Sold to
B. Wencke Söhne, Hamburg, and was renamed Athene.
- 1906 January 30
- Sold to Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg.
- Sailed Lizard - Melbourne in 73 days under command of
Captain F. Dreier.
- 1914 August 6
- Arrested by the Australian Government and brought
to Kerosene Bay.
- 1915 May
- Chartered to Scott, Fell & Co., London, and was renamed
- 1917 August 29
- Sunk by the German submarine UC-75 10 nautical
miles South of Hook Point en route Tocopilla - Liverpool.
Updated 1997-01-27 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.