County of Kinross
A four-masted iron ship built in 1878 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 81,38×11,78×7,16 meters
[267'0"×38'8"×23'6"] and tonnage 1719 GRT and 1641 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails.
- 1878 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co.,
Glasgow, for R. & J. Craig, Glasgow. The first master was Captain J. Cumming.
- 1906 September
- Sold to Rederi-A/S Marpesia (K. Bruusgaard), Drammen, Norway, and renamed Marpesia. Captain H. Nilsen.
- Sold to owners in Buenos Ayres and rebuilt to a salt barge and renmaed Salinera Española.
- Included in the Lloyd's Register for the last time.
- The hull was still serving at Buenos Aires.
Updated 1997-04-18 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.