County of Linlithgow
A four-masted iron ship built in 1887 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 87,39×13,22×7,33 meters
[286'9"×43'5"×24'1"] and tonnage 2207 GRT and 2122 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails.
- 1887 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co.,
Glasgow, for R. & J. Craig, Glasgow. The first master was Captain R. McKenzie.
Used in the Indian jute trade.
- Sold to Sociedad Nacional de Buques y Maderas,
Valparaiso. Captain F. Walker.
- Sold to Pacific Freighters Co., San Francisco, and renamed Katherine. Re-rigged as a sixmasted schooner.
- Sold to Cia. General de Tabacos de Filipinas, San Francisco.
- Sold to Philippine Vegetable Oil Co., Manila, and was equipped an oil-engine and double screw. The rigging was reduced to four masts.
- Sold to J.& A. Galani & Y. Behar, Pireaus.
- Rebuilt as the motortanker Frieda after heavy fire damages.
Updated 1996-07-10 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.