A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Southampton Naval Works Co.,
Dimensions 87,88×12,54×7,46 meters
[288'4"×41'2"×24'6"] and tonnage 2555 GRT and 2424 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Southampton Naval Works
Co., Southampton, for Peel, Macalister & Son, Liverpool. The first master was Captain W. Wilson.
- Sold to
William Thomas & Co., Liverpool.
- 1915 April
- Sold to A/S Excelsior (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand, Norway, for £ 9500 and was renamed Storegut. Captain N. Isaksen was given command of the ship.
- 1917 June 13
- Sunk on voyage from Philadelphia to Le Havre with a cargo of case oil by the German submarine U 82 in position 48°23'N, 10°18' W, 235 miles south of Lands End.
Updated 1997-11-24 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.