Crown of India
A four-masted iron barque built in 1885 by Ramage & Ferguson, Leith.
Dimensions 84,29×12,56×7,33 meters
[276'7"×41'3"×24'1"] and tonnage 2056 GRT and 1975 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails.
- 1885 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Ramage & Ferguson, Leith,
for Robertson, Cruickshank & co., Liverpool. The first master was Captain J. Rollo.
- Sold to J.R. Young & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to Henderson, Tucker & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to J. Joyce & Co., Liverpool.
- 1915 June 11
- Sunk by the German submarine U 35 70 miles NW of St Ann's Head after having left Barry for Pernambuco with a cargo of
Updated 1996-07-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.