A four-masted iron barque built in 1865 by W. Denny & Bros., Dumbarton, as a
barque rigged steamship named A. Lopez but re-built and re-rigged as a four-masted barque in 1891.
Dimensions 85,95×11,70×7,74 meters
[282'0"×38'5"×25'5"] and tonnage 1962 GRT and 1860 NRT.
Rigged as rebuilt with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant
- 1865 November 21
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Denny & Bros.,
Dumbarton, for A. Lopez & Co., Alicante (Compania Transatlantica, Barcelona),
as a barque rigged steamer.
- The original engine was replaced with a compound steam engine.
- Renamed P[atricio] de Satrustegui.
- Sold to G.C. Dobell & Co., Liverpool, and re-built as a
- Sold to A. Sutherland, Valparaiso.
- Sold to Soc. Nacional de Buques y Mederas, Valparaiso.
- Sold to A.E. Sutherland & M.A. Salvo, Valparaiso.
- Sold to Gasoliba Alvargouyales S.A., Barcelona, and was renamed Cisneros.
- Sold to M. Lopez Marin, Barcelona.
- Hulked at Buenos Aires.
Updated 1996-07-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.