A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions 84,54×12,80×7,43 meters
[277'5"×42'0"×24'5"] and tonnage 2277 GRT and 2163 NRT.
Rigged with nothing above double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1892 April
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock,
for J. Hayes & Co., London. The first master was Captain J. Carrington.
- 1910 December 8
- Sold to G.J.H. Siemers, Hamburg, and renamed
- Surrendered as war damaged compensation.
- Sold to Schröder, Hölken & Fischer, Hamburg, and
was renamed Lemkenhafen.
- 1924 June
- Capsized and sank during unloading of the cargo of
coal at Cerro Azul, Peru.
Updated 1996-07-13 by Lars Bruzelius
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.