A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 85,54×12,39×7,46 meters [280'8"×40'5"×24'6"] and
tonnage 2115 GRT and 1976 NRT.
Rigged with royals over single topgallant sails.
- 1893 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for J.R. Dickson & Co., Glasgow.
- Sold to J.M. Campbell & Son, Glasgow.
- 1911 October
- Sold to Skib A/S Eugenio Bruno (Grefstad & Herlofson), Arendal, Norway, and was renamed Eugenio Bruno. Captain T. Stiansen.
- 1913 July
- Sold to Skibs A/S Dowan Hill (Simon W. Marcussen), Askerøn, and was renamed Dowan Hill.
- 1915 September
- Sold to A/S Manx King (J. Johannsen), Farsund.
- 1916 May
- Sold to A/S Christiansand (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand, and was renamed
- 1917 March 5
- Sunk by the German submarine U 49 northwest of Ireland at 50°51'N, 12°40'W on voyage from Belfast to St Thomas in ballast.
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.