A four-masted iron ship built in 1883 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions: 81,48×12,24×7,33 meters [267'4"×40'2"×24'1"] and tonnage: 1907 GRT and 1848 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double topsails and single topgallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's Drumeltan (1883).
- 1883 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Greenock, for the "Drum"-line of Gillison & Chadwick, Liverpool.
- Re-rigged as a four-masted barque.
- Sold to William Bowen, Llanelly, and was renamed Cissie.
- 1911 August
- Sold to A/S Cissie (Alexander Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway.
- 1913 October
- Sold to A/S Cissie (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand.
- 1915 October 22
- On voyage from Hull to Port Arthur, TX, she collided with the steam ship North Western Hills in the English Channel at St Catherines Point and was wrecked.
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.