A four-masted iron barque built in 1885 by Barrow Shipbuilding Co., Barrow-in-Furness.
Dimensions: 85,44×12,51×7,13 meters [280'4"×41'1"×23'5"] and tonnage: 1970 GRT and 1919 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1885 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Barrow Shipbuilding Co., Barrow-in-Furness, for Gillison & Chadwick, Liverpool. Captain T.S Bailey.
- Sold to Western Commercial Co., Victoria, BC. Captain A. McCallum.
- Sold to Barneson, Ross & Co., Victoria, BC.
- 1905 September 20
- Left Astoria for Manilla.
- 1906 March 19
- A bottle was found which contained a message which
told that the ship had found foundered at 43°N, 127°W.
Updated 1996-10-13 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.