A four-masted steel barque built in 1887 by Barclay Curle & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 87,47×12,92×7,31 meters [287'0"×42'5"×24'0"] and tonnage: 2058 GRT and 1998 NRT.
Rigged with double top and topgallant sails.
- 1887 August
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay Curle & Co., Glasgow, for R. Shankland & Co., Greenock. To be used in the jute trade. Captain J. Canese was the first master of the ship.
- 1908 August
- Sold to A/S Freden (Alexander Bech), Tvedestrand, Norway, and was renamed Freden. Captain P.A. Haraldsen. [Signe Andrén has 1909]
- 1916 June
- Sold to Henscheins Rederi A/S (Johs A. Henschein), Tvedestrand, and was renamed Vestfjeld.
- 1917 February 20
- Sunk on voyage from New Orleans to Le Havre by the German submarine UC 16. The crew was brought to the Scilly Islands in a pilot boat.
[Signe André (?) has September 8]
Updated 1997-04-17 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.