A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 99,86×14,37×7,77 meters [327'8"×47'2"×25'6"] and tonnage: 3317 GRT and 3129 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1892 December
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, for Macvicar, Marshall & Co., Liverpool.
Initially used in the Indian jute trade and later in the grain trade from the
American west coast. Captain J.A. Patterson.
- Sold to E.C. Schramm & Co., Bremen, and was renamed Magdalene Vinnen. Captain D.F. Dirks.
- Sold to F.A. Vinnen, Bremen.
- Interned in Talcahuano for the duration of the war.
- Assigned to the Italian Government as war damage reparations.
- 1923 December 22
- Arrived to Neapel via Rotterdam.
- Broken up at Neapel.
Updated 1996-10-13 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.