Earl of Aberdeen

A four-masted iron barque built in 1886 by C. Connel & Co., Glasgow. Dimensions: 88,74×12,95×7,31 meters [291'2"×42'6"×24'0"] and tonnage: 2145 GRT and 2084 NRT.

1886 July
Launched at the shipyard of C. Connel & Co., Glasgow, for D. Brown & Sons, London. Used in the Indian jute trade. Captain Atkinson.
1892 May
Left Barry for Monte Video but was wrecked on the Hats, Barrel's Riff, north of Milford Haven.

Updated 1996-11-02 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.