Earl of Beaconsfield

A four-masted iron ship built in 1883 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions: 82,01×12,23×7,38 meters [269'1"×40'2"×24'3"] and tonnage: 1960 GRT and 1893 NRT.

1883 December
Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for A. McAlister, Glasgow. Assigned the Official British Registraion Number 87740. Captain J. Kerr was given command of the ship.
Caught fire on voyage from Greenock to San Francisco and was abandoned at 53°S. 85°W.

Updated 2001-01-18 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.