Earl of Dunmore
A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions: 84,64×12,82×7,36 meters [277'9"×42'1"×24'2"] and tonnage: 2287 GRT and 2205 NRT.
Rigged with double top and topgallant sails.
- 1891 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock, for Sailship Earl of Dunmore (J.D. Thomson), Glasgow. Captain T. Kay.
- Sold to Sailship Earl of Dunmore (John Malcolm), Glasgow.
- 1911 February
- Sold to Skibs A/S Spartan (Grefstad & Herlofson), Arendal, and was renamed Spartan. Captain H.B. Gerner.
- 1914 January
- Sold to Skibs A/S Spartan (Carl Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand.
- 1916 May
- Sold to Bech's Rederi A/S(Carl Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand.
- 1917 March 9
- Sunk by the German submarine U 61 SW of Fastnet at 50°26'N, 10°45'W on voyage from New York to Birkenhead with a cargo of case oil.
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.