A four-masted steel barque built in 1902 by A. Rodger & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 99,56×14,12×7,97 meters [326'8"×46'4"×26'2"] and
tonnage 3090 GRT and 2969 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and top-gallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's four-masted barque Arrow (1902).
- 1902 June
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Rodger & Co., Port
Anglo-American Oil Co., London. Used in the case oil trade.
- Sold to G.J.H. Siemers, Hamburg, for £ 15.000 and was
- Interned at Santa Rosalia, Mexico, during the First World
- Sold to Robert Dollar & Co., San Francisco, and was renamed
- Brought a cargo of timber to Tsingtao, China, and was
subsequently laid up there for the following three years.
- Sold to the China Portland Cement Co. and used as a hulk
on the Yangtsekiang.
Updated 1996-04-30 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.