A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton.
Dimensions: 93,87×13,76×7,48 meters [208'8"×45'2"×24'7"], tonnage: 2708 GRT and 2645 NRT.
- 1886 April
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co.,
Southampton, for Fisher & Sprott, London.
- Sold to G. Croshaw, London.
- 1898 March 7
- Sold to
Knöhr & Burchard, Hamburg, and renamed Schiffbek.
- Laid up due to the war at the island of San Miguel,
- Confiscated by the Portuguese Government at the entry of
that country in the war and was renamed Santa Maria of Lisbon.
- 1918 September 4
- Torpedoed by a German submarine [According to
Hurst by fire].
Updated 1997-02-21 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.