Four-masted steel barque built in 1897 by Forges et chantiers de la Méiterranée, Graville-Le Havre.
Dimensions: 95,09×13,81×7,46 meters [312'0"×45'4"×24'6"] and tonnage: 2924 GRT and 2425 NRT.
Sistership to the same owner's four-masted barques Emile Siegfried (1898) and Ernest Siegfried (1898).
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1897 March 1
- Launched at the shipyard of Forges et chantiers de la Méditerranée, Graville-Le Havre, for E. Corbler & Co., Le Havre. Used in the New Caledonia nickel-ore trade. Captain Boju.
- Sailed from Le Havre to Noumea in 97 days.
- 1900 June 2
- Stranded on the Durand Reef, Insel Maré on voyage from New Caledonia to Glasgow. The crew was saved by the schooner La Perle and brought to Noumea. [Henri Picard gives the date February 6 in his The Bounty Ships of France.]
Updated 1997-04-28 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.