A four-masted iron ship built in 1879 by H. Murray & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 81,90×11,93×7,01 meters [268'9"×39'2"×23'0"] and tonnage: 1716 GRT and 1643 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and sngle topgallant sails.
- 1879 February
- Launched at the shipyard of H. Murray & Co., Port Glasgow, for R. Hill & Co., Greenock. Captain J. Fullarton.
- Re-rigged as a four-masted barque.
- Sold to W. Bowen, Greenock. Captain H. Davies.
- 1905 September
- Sold to A/S Euphrates (G.M. Grønvold & C.B. Nielsen), Skien, Norway. Captain T. Andersen.
- Sold to Jernskibs A/S Euphrates (L.P. Larsen & Co.), Skien.
- 1912 January
- Sold to A/S Euphrates (Gundersen & Gjertsen), Porsgrund.
- 1912 December 8
- Abandoned and sunken on voyage from Glasgow to Santos with a cargo of coal and iron.
Updated 1997-04-16 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.