A four-masted iron barque built in 1892 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 96,82×13,78×7,53 meters [317'8"×45'3"×24'9"] and tonnage: 2804 GRT and 2739 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
The figurehead is preserved at the Tresco Valhalla Maritime Museum.
- 1889 August
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, for Macvicar, Marshall & Co., Liverpool. Captain J.T. Gardiner.
- 1901 June 22
- Wrecked at Bishop Rock, Scilly Islands, during a SW storm on voyage from Tacoma to Queenstown with a cargo of wheat. The entire crew including the Captain's wife and daughter were saved, but Captain Gracie himself lost his life.
Updated 1997-02-15 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.