Falls of Afton
A four-masted full-rigged iron ship built in 1882 by Russel & Co., Port Glasgow.
84,29×12,49×7,18 meters [276'7×41'0×23'7] and tonnage: 1974 GRT and 1899 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1882 February
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Port
Glasgow, for the Falls Line (Wright, Beakenridge & Co), Glasgow. Captain Bryce.
- Sold to Wright, Graham & Co., Glagow.
- Sold to F.G. Leva, Lussingrande, Triest, and was renamed Fracesco Giuseppe. Captain G. Rodinis.
- 1907 September
- Sold to A/S Falls of Afton (Alexander Bech), Tvedestrand, Norway, and was renamed Falls of Afton. Captain A.H. Hagen.
- 1916 September
- Sold to Einersens Rederi A/S (K.Th. Einersen), Kristiania (Oslo).
- 1917 February 20
- Sunk on voyage from Buenos Ayres to Rotterdam with a cargo of linseed by the German submarine UC 17 8 miles SW of Wolf Rock in the English Channel.
Updated 1997-04-17 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.